Loyalty programs must go mobile

“Today’s mobile devices including tablets are rapidly becoming our generation’s most ubiquitous technologies,” states Michael Hemsey, President of Kobie Marketing, in a recent Luxury Daily article, “Loyalty Programs Must Go Mobile.

“Just as smartphone technology has become embedded in nearly all aspects of consumers and marketers lives, so too must loyalty programs go mobile.”

While this piece does start with a primer on the importance of mobile as a communication channel (26 percent of business executives admit to sleeping with their phones, Smartphone adoption rates are now hovering around 50 percent of the populations in at least 13 major countries),  the article doesn’t simply present reasons why mobile is important.  Instead, what makes this a must-read for loyalty marketers is its review of why, in order to succeed, it is necessary to not only embrace mobile but effectively merge loyalty programs with mobile initiatives.

“Loyalty marketers should be breaking through corporate silos to get their loyalty programs integrated into the latest on-the-go gizmos and gadgets to drive incremental behavior,” says Hemsey. “It is important to integrate loyalty wherever customers want to engage in a brand’s loyalty program – and that means in the moment.”

He also touches on aggregators, such as Award Waller, GoMiles and Mileage Manager. “Whether or not aggregator apps that combine multiple loyalty programs under one umbrella or cluster programs are good or bad remains to be seen, but clearly it is a development that should be on loyalty providers’ minds.”

The original article can be read in its entirety on the Luxury Daily website.

16 Comments

1. Posted October 18, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

Completely agree, but loyalty programs need to adapt to the new medium and its possibilities. Smartphones allow for continuous contact, tracking and exchange of information. Earning points was a good solution in the past, but we can do better with this technology and offer a truly individual experience.

2. Posted December 22, 2012 at 6:16 am | Permalink | Reply

Hi there superb website! Does running a blog such as this require a lot of work?
    I have virtually no knowledge of programming however I
    had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways,
    if you have any recommendations or techniques for new
    blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I just needed to ask.
    Thanks a lot!

3. Posted February 22, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Permalink | Reply

It’s remarkable designed for me to have a web site, which is valuable in support of my know-how. thanks admin

4. Posted February 22, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Permalink | Reply

Oh joyous day yes. This is the only reason I was born.

To find you, my long lost knowledge seeking soul-mate.

5. Posted March 2, 2013 at 4:03 am | Permalink | Reply

Wow :D I found this site on google looking for something completely different- now I’m gonna have to go back and read through all the archives. So much for spare time this morning, but this was a truly spectacular find.

6. Posted March 12, 2013 at 4:17 am | Permalink | Reply

Hola! I’ve been reading your web site for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!

7. Posted March 21, 2013 at 12:28 am | Permalink | Reply

I was pretty pleased to find this site. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!
    ! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and I
    have you saved as a favorite to see new information on your blog.

8. Posted April 14, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

What’s up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this article i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant post.

9. Posted May 3, 2013 at 1:53 am | Permalink | Reply

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my
    comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

10. Posted May 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Permalink | Reply

Beim ruhigen Lesen von dem Beitrag “%BLOGTITLE”,
    dann sehe ich auf jedenfall, dass hier Entsprechendes an Arbeit und Zeit reingesteckt wurde.

Das gefällt mir. Denn man liest zahlreiche zusammenhanglose Berichte in den unterschiedlichen
    Blogs. Dementsprechend schön weitermachen und nicht unterkriegen
    lassen. Das ist ganz bestimmt die beste Möglichkeit, wie du weiterhin so
    klasse Postings wie diesen hier fertigstellen kannst.

11. Posted June 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Permalink | Reply

I don’t even know the way I stopped up here, however I believed this post was great. I do not know who you are however definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

12. Posted June 25, 2013 at 10:02 am | Permalink | Reply

You can definitely see your skills within
    the article you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
    All the time go after your heart.

13. Posted July 7, 2013 at 5:35 am | Permalink | Reply

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework on this. And he in fact ordered me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this topic here on your web site.

14. Posted November 21, 2013 at 11:41 am | Permalink | Reply

You’re so awesome! I don’t suppose I’ve truly read through anything like this before.

So good to find another person with original thoughts on this subject matter.
    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!

15. Posted December 19, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Permalink | Reply

I enjoy reading a post that will make people think.
    Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

16. Posted April 13, 2014 at 3:57 am | Permalink | Reply

I write a comment whenever I appreciate a article on a website or I
    have something to add to the discussion. It’s triggered by the passion communicated in the article I read.

And after this article Loyalty programs must go mobile VIPdesk Blog.
    I was excited enough to leave a thought ;) I actually do
    have a few questions for you if you usually do not mind.

Could it be just me or do a few of these responses appear like coming from brain
    dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to follow everything new you have to post.
    Could you make a list every one of all your public sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

One Trackback

1. By Loyalty programs must go mobile « EchoMe's blog on October 18, 2012 at 1:02 pm

[...] Loyalty programs must go mobile. Share this:PrintEmailMoreDiggShare on Tumblr Pin ItLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Posted in: loyalty, mobile [...]