It’s a fact; no one is perfect and no matter how well run a company is, there will be mistakes or misunderstandings. It is important to understand, the issue isn’t the biggest problem; it’s how you deal with the issues that counts. Solving problems effectively can be a great opportunity for your business. If you deal with them properly, you will create happy clients and perhaps even generate new business.
- Take immediate action. A delay in calling the customer or resolving the issue will lead to magnifying the current customer issue along with backpedaling. Virtual customer care home based solution companies address these types of issues in exceptional training universities.
- Listen carefully until the customer is finished talking. This encourages the customer to give you the full story and more details. Use soothing statements such as, “I understand how you feel”, or “I appreciate you bringing this to my attention”.
- Verbally repeat the issue or complaint. When the customer has finished stating the complaint, verbally restate or summarize for clarity. This is a prime opportunity to turn a negative customer into a lifetime brand advocator.
- Keep smiling while educating your customers as well as yourself. Don’t let a customer’s voice tone keep you from quick and positive responses. The customer will pick up on your positive tone and feel confident about you handling the issues successfully in a professional manner.
- Offer a generous and reasonable solution. Make an investment in the closing statements of a call to correct the problem. Always offer more than the customer expected. A small extra offering goes a long way to keep a valuable customer!! (examples – small additional discount on next purchase, thank you for business card, mailing box of candy, chocolates, etc.)